Wednesday, February 06, 2002

I just heard we were about to start the new Olympic Games!
Kewl! I always love that competition atmosphere, this concentration of firm (bums) athletes trying to beat new records (happy sigh)...
There must be something like 7 hours difference between Utah and Europe... when we finish our days at work, they're starting theirs. That means (huge smile)... When the Athletes will be physically pushing their own limits, I'll be pushing my abilities to relax. There is something unfair in that ;-)
Good (for the Athletes) that the Games only last 2 weeks actually, because Utah does not sound at all like paradise! The landscapes look really wonderful though..
I asked myself why polygamy was still practiced there...and I easily found the answer ;-)
... Mormon prohibitions is the key.
Can you believe that alcohol is forbidden there, except when you're ordering food in a restaurant or when you belong to a private club?!!
eeeeck.... more strange... along with alcohol, tobacco, tea (!!!) and cawffee are forbidden //OO\\
That gives a good idea of their ways of living and looking at the world...maybe I'm wrong, I'm just making suppositions ;-)

Anyway, because people in Utah seem to have a very limited access to lil pleasures of life... I understood why polygamy is that popular there... They need to have fun in a way or the other :P
I just find it a bit hmm hypocritical to preach a virtuous life forbidding alcohol and all, and at the same time having no problem with having relation with several wives under the same roof :P
At least women there should be allowed to get several husbands, that would be fair. But somehow I think polyandry is also strictly forbbiden...

No comments: