Saturday, March 09, 2002

When I read the newspapers yesterday, I was surprised that many people look at the *Journée de la femme* (females' day) rather as an hysterical caprice to defend women positions/rights/etc...against men!
I caricature a bit but I also saw and heard some men -and women- rolling their eyes and sighing when they had to give their opinion about this special day.

The Spanish women were desmonstrating in the streets telling that last year in Spain there had been more death of females due to violence at home than due to the big evil of the year "Terrorism"......
Yup, tortured women must feel relieved terrorism is well pursued ...
( "Anaconda Operation"...lol... really...!!)

I don't understand how some people might just "sigh" when just on one day they are reminded that the most basic rights (working, freedom of love, speech, freedom over their own body, etc) are simply not allowed in many parts of the world.

Finally cats and dawgs are often luckier

hehe
I don't exagerate!!!

....discrimination due to sex.... it sounds like another century on another planet.

No comments: