Friday, September 20, 2002

And today, I've just finished my 8th month!!!
Wooo ooooooooo!!! :-)))))))
In 2 days exactly, the buDerfly will have reached the final step of 'prematurity'. In other words, she can arrive whenever she wants in the 9th month!

The gyno hopes she'll have at least 10 more days to grow up a bit again but when he checked my bits, he saw the cervix was ready now (hard to find the right words in English! in french we say "the cervix stands sideways" or something like dat).
He considers that the very first part of the labour is actually done now (//oO\\)...
He says once she will start to push hard, it will be very quick (trembling in my boots here!!)... so if I have contractions for one hour maximum, I gotta rush to the clinic.

In other words, he is sure the mermaid won't wait till he 20th of October. Even if there is no risk anymore for her, he does not want me to start again to go out and be active (as if I could deliver such a precious present in the middle of the street! eeeck!)
hehe

I have another rendez-vous at the clinic next week to check again everything. It's getting so "real" now!
I'm excited and a bit scared, I admit. You can read tens of books about all that, but you never feel "ready" (for the first one, at least).

Now my only wish is to spend another quiet week, maybe 2!!! hehe
Oh and if the mermaid could arrive at about 11.00 am on a saturday, that would really suit me :P
hehe



PS: and contrary to what is sooooo visible on the pic, I have actually only taken 6 kgs, not even 8! hehe... Well all these kilos went directly in the belly, trust me:P

No comments: