Friday, October 18, 2002

Haaaa, finally back to the guud ol' bloggies!

But it's not the same, it can't be the same as I come back as a maman now :-)))))

Lola is born last week, on Wednesday, the 9th.
9 is really a number that counts for us, we married on a 9 ! ;-)

We arrived at the clinic a bit before 8.00 am, very excited and a bit upset about the day which was starting.
I thought I would receive some injections and would be free to go for a breakfast, etc, while the labour would slowly starts.

But nenene, at 8.00 I was asked to put a nightdress and to install myself in one of the birthrooms.
The day would be long, I would not have imagined that. I expected it would be done in a few hours.
I even thought that with the med, the labour would be complete at the end of the morning.

But it turned to be very slow. The lil Mermaid had somehow decided it was warm and comfortable enough to stay a few more days!
I had so little contractions that I started to feel baaaad to force Lola to go out that way!
hehe

We spent a relaxed morning in the birth room, laughing when thinking of the family which was certainly dying to have news!
Then it started to get long. Every hour, the gyno and others came to checks how ready we were.
But we were not!

Finally at 6.00, they decided to help Lola to come, even if the labour was not complete (I think the gyno wanted it to be done before he went back home...)

First the gyno with his forceps, then a few organized "cuts", 2 nurses coming to talk to me, to guide me, then a big guy with his arm pressing on my belly while I started to push, Martin holding my head, helping me, worrying a lot for me.
In 15 (tough) minutes, it was done.

Lola was here, instantly crying on my breast. Impossible to describe the feelings and emotions.
The only word that comes to my mind is "intense" ...**~~* * *~~* *

Just a minute later, Martin goes with Lola in another room for the first "checkings", while I'm being sewed. Glad I could not feel anything, I was just so tired and very cold.
Then Martin comes back with Lola and we wait for 2 hours in the birth room (they don't let you go before).

After 2 hours, they tell us there is no more rooms for us in the "Maternity service" !!!
They tell me we have no other choice than spending the night in a special room with other people that have been operated (just near the surgery rooms)...
They refuse that Lola spends her first night with me to not disturb the others in the room.

Martin starts to get mad at the fooking nurses, and I cry, I feel the pain coming back, and I don't want to be separated from my baby!!!
Lola would spend her first night in a big emergency room for new born babies who need reanimation....
When I saw her there, sleeping like an angel though (s), I cried more, I refused to leave her there!

Finally, the pain "helping", I was forced to get back to my bed.
I asked Martin to go and have some rest, telling him everything would be fine for me (which he did not believe at the moment, rilly).
I hardly slept during this first night, and when in the morning Lola was brought to me and then Martin joined us, I felt the happiest!

After 2 days, I finally got my own room, I discovered the first moments of real intimacy, and it was then that, holding my baby and Martin, I realized what a beauDiful lil family I had **~~* *^^* * *

No comments: