Sunday, April 13, 2003

I've often talk of my inspiration for country life and desire to live in a castle (s)

I'm very stressed (in some kind of positive way though), because we've taken the decision. THE decision, yeah.
There's a time when you have choices to make. Ours is : do we want a life here in Paris, renting a tiny expensive flat, running everywhere all the time, enjoying car's gas, etc. Or, do we want a plain life out there, in the deep country side, far from my cherished civilization (hehe, rilly!), far from the easy life where you open your door and you find yourself at the restaurant, at a concert, at the cinema, etc.

We're facing that dilemma: city life / country life.
What would you chose?

I'm scared of leaving Paris, all my friends here, all the souvenirs I get everywhere. Paris is my home, I know it by heart... Once you leave it, I think you don't come back.
Leaving my good ol' habits. My beloved routine. Yes dat's hard!!!!
And these bridges, these roofs, these airports and train station that take you all around the world. Bubye all that.
Shit, that sounds stoopid but it's not easy.

And chosing country life means we've to buy a house, borrow money, buy a car, borrow money.
Buy a car, right, that means I'll have to fight against my second phobia (the first being my fear of birds) which is driving. I feel like stoned each time I'm behind the wheel (=never). I hate cars, I lose all my senses for space and I get sea-sick when I'm in a car. You did not know, hey?! hehe... Well, that's it. And I will have to deal with that in the country side.
Shit, it's hard already!

And *country life* means, for Martin, finding another job! That means I have to find new doctors for Lola, new gyno for myself etc. School for the shrimpette (whereas there's already 3 schools in the street here!) New Butcher-Dentist too!!!! Oh meGawd, a country dentist! Will I survive it??? (laughing)

Will I survive being forced to buy clothes in country stores? (laughing)

Will I die my hair in hugly blooooe as soon as I'm 60, and spend my saturday morning at the market sharing the last gossips with other women?
Gawd

Will I take an ugly accent which will give me 10 years more than my age!

Yeah I know I'm a fookin city goil!

But then.. life's short. What do I want for my family? Time for each other. Simple pleasures (different from going to the movies or to restaurant). Space (so important to be able to *breathe*). Getting closer to the nature. Offering Lola a different universe. Hard to find harmony and peace in this crazy world.
That's why we'll try it, launching ourselves in this plan. Leaving Paris to find our lil paradise!

I think this challenge will force me to face many lil (and big) weaknesses. I'm scared, but Martin's here. We gonna make it. **~~*^* * * *^^*

So we're decided. This week we gonna ask the banks how much they can help (probably the hardest part, they have somehow our dream in the hands!!!), then we start the *hunt*. We have already found an offer for an old house near Dinan in Bretagne. Not too expensive in comparison with others (about 92 000 Euros). But we don't know much about it and maybe the offer is not valid anymore.
Anyway, what matters is that we start with it.

(trembling in my boots)
hehe
**~*^^* * *

No comments: