Sunday, May 25, 2003

Hamburg (episode #3) : the lil pleasures of life

We've been out actually every evening; we put Lola to bed, spent some time with Martin's family, then we left at about 10.00 pm for pubs.
We've been really pub crawling... german pubs, punk pubs, heavy metal pubs, irish pubs.. wooooo! It was fantastic. I got addicted to Pino Grigio (they get wonderful italian wines there!)

We've been also following a Quest there... finding the best curry Wurst (I've gotten addicted to that too! heh)

We've been out to dance in clubs. 2 times. Again in some heavy metal one (hehe, luvvvvve dem!), called the Grünspan, but we did not stay too long... knowing a lil devil wakes up a few hours later makes you inevitably more *reasonnable* ;-)

We've been out on Sunday morning for a typical brunch near the canals. One of the moment I prefer when we're in Hamburg. The place is like paradise:)

And I found time to read 2 books (I dunno how I managed to do all that, it sounds like the twilight zone!).. "Strangers on a train" (topic being: you murder my father, and I'll murder your wife), by Patricia Highsmith (that I don't know at all)... and a books of 50 short stories from many different authors. Entertaining. I discovered I still could not stand Hemingway (lol, that sounds posh!!!) and I discovered I could finally enjoyed Henry James (and that sounds even more posh!)!!!

No comments: