Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Tonight (at 9.00 pm!), we've this rendez-vous with the priest for Lola's Baptism.
Actually we'll be several parents there to discuss about our... beliefs and convictions.

SIGH!!!

I don't mind talking about religion, beliefs, etc.... but not in the AA way ya know (all in circle talking about our *probbie*, oops I meant *faith*!).
That is not very inspiring.

But somehow I find it more complicate to explain to our friends (who do not *believe* at all, most of them at least) why we want Lola to be baptised rather than to unknown "guuuud ol' Catholics" ;-)
How can you explain a *spiritual* desire to someone who rejects anything which does not seem rationnal... Very hard!

As I had already said in here, our desire is to bring a kind of spiritual dimension into the Shrimpette's life.
I do believe in a God (which Penny and I use to call *mr Universe*.. hehe), and this unconditionnal faith is pretty important to me. Even though I don't go to Church often, even if I don't pray so often, there are times (and not always during tough times) when my Faith brings me a lot.

That will be a Catholic baptism. Why Catholic? Because it's the only religion I really know and Catholics accept godfather and godmother who are not baptized (unlike Protestant Church, Martin's church).
I think I will tell Lola about the Old testament and a bit more. The way my grand-mama did with me. Like telling tales, trying to avoid the black or white points of view.
Then she'll follow her own path, with or without a God or Goddess. I wanna give her the possibility to chose and to make her opinion :-))**~~*^* *

No comments: