Friday, October 10, 2003

Can you remember the movies that made ya cry (and don't tell me you nebber cry!)?
Did you enjoy these movies?

I usually do not enjoy sad movies. And I cry easily in front of them (women, huh ;-)
It's just that I watch a movie for pleasure, I'm not masochist!

There are some movies though which made me cry but that I luuuuved:
E.T. (well I was 8 years-old :P)
A.I. (such a beauDiful and unique movie!)
The Bridges of Madison County (ouch! big big tears here!)
Braveheart (I mean, the ending with the torture of this muscled body.... booo oooooooooooooo!)
The Old Gun (with Romy Schneider and Philippe Noiret... terrible)
Edward Scissorhands (makes ya wanna save and cuddle johnny Depp here)
Dancers in the Dark (makes ya wanna save and cuddle Björk here ;-)
Virgin Suicides (the title speaks for itself... excellentissimo movie)

I'm sure I forget lots of dem.

But then, there are some sad movies which are just TOOOOO TOOOOOOO sad, using the emotional tools simply to make cry the guuud ol' goil who's typing this bloggie ;-). Such like:
Love Story
Bambi (nods nods hehe)
Titanic
etc...

... including:
Grave of the fireflies




I watched it yesterday. I did not expect it to be so so so sad! I ended crying like a baby in Martin's arms!
No, it's too sad. About 2 children during WW2 in Japan. A movie against war, a movie who shows you what war does to innocent creatures.
The topic is ok, but I tell ya it was too much.
I found it weird to cry in front of a cartoon. But cartoons tend to be more and more real movies. It was brilliantly done. But... too sad ya see!

No comments: