Saturday, November 01, 2003

I'm just wondering, is 1st november the Catholic celebration of the Saints or of the Dead?
I think it's of the saints (gonna be my day then!!!! hehehe) actually.
But I'd rather speak of the Dead today.

Yesterday I just forgot to speak of one of the most talentuous artists (to me). Tim Burton! Halloween was really appropriate to tell a few words about him. I rilly luuuve most of his movies, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow... The nightmare before Xmas. Funny, macabre, poetic, unique. That's about my feeling concerning his work.

And I could use the same adjectives to tell how much I enjoyed his lil book *The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy* (the title itself is revealing about Burton's world I think ;-). I rilly RILLY recommend this book. I think there's nothing that can be compared to this one :-)


For Halloween,
Oyster Boy decided to go as a human.


And to finish with the Dead...
As a catholic I should be confident in the "after life" time. I am confident, but not because of my religion. Rather because of my intuition. What I know is Death is not THE end. Whatever it is, there's something after death. I don't tell that to reassure myself, I rather find this scary to tell the truth.

Anyway, we'll *see* when time will come!

(waving at my grand-fathers and my grand-mother overthere, oh and at Jim Morrison too :P)

No comments: