Monday, December 29, 2003

DO NOT READ THIS ... if you plan to watch *The Return of the King*!!!

We went to watch it on the 24th of December (could we have chosen a beDer day? neeeeee! :P) ... we went there at 10.00 am and it was the only theatre in Hamburg which showed the movie in original version with no subtitles.
(happy sigh)

And gawd that was GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!

There was almost nobody there, too early I guess, so we had the delicious feeling of intimacy with the movie. That was already fantastic.

I've been surprised again by the mirror effect between the third book and the third movie. I could not expect a beDer interpretation of Tolkien's work.

If I was forced (with torture) to criticize anything, hmmm... I would say the moment I found the less well done was with all what surrounded Arwen, I did not find it very clear. Oh and I still don't enjoy the Gimli character in the movie... his face does not move! ...last point was the music, I have to listen at it again, but ending with this annie lenox song... (cough cough)

Now I was really happily surprised with the Dead army, the battles again, the oliphants, the importance given to Pippin and Merry, the interpretation of Eowin (for once, I say one Blonde worths 10 Brunettes! hehehe), of Faramir, Eomer, king Theoden and Denetor! They were all purrrfect!



***~~~**^* ***happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyy sigh**~~^^^* * * *^^* *

No comments: