Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Some days, life can get RILLY full of suprises......

(popping around like a wild wild lil creature!)

Yesterday I found an email from a publishing house telling they were interested in the story the Belgian woman has written and that I have illustrated....!!!!!!!!

I had send the first copies of the book to publishing houses on Monday, and I got this email on Tuesday... which is already unbelievable!!! It takes 3 months minimum before you get back a (negative) answer.

This email sais they loved the story and its illustrations and wanted to get in touch with us.
My Belgian friend (because we turned to be friends :) called them and they repeated what they had said in the email!!!!! They added they would send a contract for publication and that they are interested to make a collection with us around the topic.

....

.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dream of every writer or illustrator is happening... just like that!
I still can't believe one second that there might be a published book soon with my name on it..... !!!!!!!!!

(falling from chair, lying happily on the floor, watching the ceiling!)

I don't know how will be the contract, my Belgian friend will tell me all about it. But I don't worry, if I have already a very little chance to be published, the rest does not count at all.

That is a crazy story which is happening, crazy crazy crazy!!!!!

wooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so many things at once...
.... the pleasure of having a positive answer that quickly and ... that easily somehow!
.... the pride to be really starting my own business based on my own work and passion.
.... the happiness to see all the efforts are rewarded
.... the conviction that we should never give up. We say getting published is like winning lottery, it almost never happen.... Well it does!!!!!

Ok, I wait to see the book on my shelves before getting too too excited (well, too late I fear! LOL)
But just a positive answer, publication or not, means a LOT to me.

**~~*^* *^^* ^**~~* *

No comments: