Tuesday, February 24, 2004

It's said that *mardi-gras* is the last day to enjoy party time and good food before starting the catholic Lent. A special day celebrated since the Middle Ages.

What I know is I've always celebrated it with excitement, funny costumes and lots of pancakes!

I don't know really where mardi-gras is celebrated... I know they do it in Germany and Italy too.
Talking of Italy, I've always been fascinated by the masks they wear during the Venice carnival. I find them beautiful, a bit mysterious, devilish and frightening too (with usually dark eyes).
It seems that they get a direct effect on people wearing dem: they all behave so graciously. I like that a lot!

I would love trying playing with them once, I wonder how I would feel. I'm sure they'd transform me for a while ;-)


Sunset Queen

No comments: