Sunday, February 22, 2004

I've started reading Mickael Moore's books... but however interesting it is, it's just a bit too political for me.

So I'm having a break and I've just finished this short novel (or rather short story?... 97 pages..?): "Oscar et la dame rose" (Oscar and the rose lady), by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt.
The book is composed of 12 letters written during the 12 last days of Oscar's life.
Oscar is 10 years-old and condemned. He writes these letters to Gawd.

I've read the book in a couple of hours and I've spent a fantabizoobidy time. It's funny, kinda metaphysical too (just enough for me to not get lost), poetic and realistic.

I've got really inspired and now I feel in the mood to eat voraciously dozens of books! When will I be able to do it? I dunno, but I'll take the time.

(on my way to make a (home made!) pizza while finishing "l'encycopledie du savoir relatif et absolu" by Bernard Werber! 2 different kinds of food for twice more pleasure!)

No comments: