Thursday, May 06, 2004

Gwenola (my lil sister) is going to have the first scanner (is "echography" ok in English?) for her baby today!!!
I remember how much stressing this was. You ask yourself the most stooopid thingies like... "will there be something on the screen?" .... "and if I was not really pregnant?"... or more serious stuff like "will we hear his/her lil heart beating?", "will the measures be fine?", etc etc.

In France we must do 3 scanners when you're preggie. After 3 months, 5 months and 8 months (if I remember).
On the second scanner, you can ask to know if your baby is a boy or a girl.
An English mama living just near told me the other day it was not the habit at all in UK to know about girl or boy before the birth.

Here, some don't want to know, other can't wait.
I could not wait! Knowing is trooly wonderful to me, it's like your baby is turning into a person, not just a "baby".

Anyway, I can't wait (again!) to hear Gwenola telling me all is fine! :)))**~~*^* *

No comments: