Thursday, May 06, 2004

I love Music, but not all kinds of music! Oh not at all, it would be (for me!) just impossible to enjoy rap or country music or reggae, for instance.

Like I find it impossible to enjoy listening to Les Freres Morvan, just for pleasure!
Martin loves them. Lola ask for them!!! (she always finds the CD where I hide it and brings it back to me).

Les Frères Morvan are to Bretagne what supa strong calvados (apple-brandy? ..the French name is much beDer btw)...what calvados is to delicate stomach!

Les Freres Morvan are 3 brothers, old farmers, singing together without instruments behind. They started to sing in ... 1958 (lol, earlier than the Stones!), and they usually sing to make people dance Bretagne's dances during Fest-Noz.

They sing in a very particular way: the second singer start to sing the last syllables with the first singer and then go on with his own part...and so and so. this way of singing is called there "kan ha diskan".

Now you know everything!
I find the guys funny, I can stand their music when we're dancing at a fest-noz... but dat's the maximum I can do.
It's just like you can hear the missing teef when they're singing. Not that pleasant!!!! :P



PS: they're still single, soooooo if anyone wanna taste bits of Frawnch country pleasures... ;-)

No comments: