Saturday, May 01, 2004

Like all of ewwws I've been shocked with the last Iraqi prisonners' photos.
That makes me really sick, I feel responsible, I can't help it.
It's just that it was supposed to be a war for freedom, a war to liberate people.

War and freedom, how could people be fooled that way! You can defend yourself for your freedom, you cannot invade in the name of freedom.

I don't blame "Americans" in general of course, for we French would have been there, there would be such horrible pics too.

I'm angry with our western civilization which is only good at showing superiority. We've learnt nothing from centuries of wars.
Oh we are good at talking, but in the facts, we're still animals.

When I see what has happened in these prisons, I wonder...

-How can Iraqi people explain to their children that these torturer soldiers are here to help...
No, it's too late now. The biggest mistakes have been done now, it's going to far.

-How can soldiers there stand the situation... I've read quite a few blogs from soldiers (who have access to communication centers) there who are desperate and do not agree with the whole policy in Iraq. It is not possible to let dem there!

-How can people like you and I can turn into such barbarians? I've thought a lot about this. The answer is WAR, no?
As Martin said, they've probably seen their friends being killed there and react as a revenge. The situation must be awful. But is it an excuse to torture? oh Gawd, nope!

-Will the war end or will it turn into some bigger war ?... Middle-East countries will react, sooner or later. Bush has led his country to suicide there.


This woman smiling in front of the humiliated prionners will remain printed in my mind. A nightmare view.


West Berlin, 1988

No comments: