Tuesday, May 25, 2004

We naturally went to check for the works on our hobbit-house while in Bretagne.
I wouldn't have imagined that holes could move me that much (no comment!).
We have now 2 beauDiful holes in our future living-room and kitchen. They will be windows.
Another huge hole between the kitchen and this living-room. To have a connection between the 2.



The walls are about 60 cm thick. I was very impressed. Old stones, huge stones. I could have hugg dem!

The roof is now also partly done. Actually the old one has almost gone.

I worry a bit about the invoices we'll get. But the works are brilliant! Just as we wanted!


I've also discovered 2 huge snakes in our garden. NO KIDDING!
Well, before Martin laughs at me again, these snakes (and no, Martin, they are not just like legless lizards! :P) are "slow-worms". Huge from a ant perspective, and from mine.



I suspect we get vipers in the garden near the river. Hm. I don't want to spend my life with rubber boots.
I'll get used to lizards, as long as they stay far from me, but not to snakes. Or rats. Or mice. Thank gawd we have lil falcons and huge buzzards (we saw 2 small but so agressive falcons attacking a huge buzzard just above us!).

But well, I'm not very fond of these feathered creatures either.

Jeeez, I've nothing of a country goil!
LOL

No comments: