Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Oh nooooo!!!!
I'm suffering a crisis (lil one, no worries)

(watch out, it's a selfish bloggie, like meself talking to a mirror)

I'm not happy with my published work.

(nope, I don't write this bloggie to be reassured :P)

I had to introduce my work to a few people today... and while doing it, I felt simply unsatisfied with what I did.
First it's not the kind of work I feel good at. Too simple... too down to earth maybe?

Arggg, I don't know.

I'm not happy with it. And I must say it's like that with a loooot of my work. But not all. Some paintings (very few) are really fine to me.

SO
Do I suffer a lack of confidence?
Am I too hard and negative with meself?
Am I doomed and forced to feel eternally unsatisfied?

or... am I simply very realistic?

Gawd, I'd bet on the fourth one here!

Martin says when I feel this way with my work, I do real progress because I expect a lot, too much from it.
Shiterooooo, I hope he is right... but it's a kind of painful way to work and improve!!!

No comments: