Saturday, June 05, 2004

We've just watched the Castle in the Sky by Myasaki. It's been a long time we've rent a movie that was really good!



A movie we've wanted to watch for ages!
It was good, as good as "Princess Mononoke"...though my favourite one is still "Spirited Away".
I'm always surprised about how cartoons can be different from any other visual art. The imagination required is crazy me thinks. It's like you gotta be Gawd for a minute and create a whole universe.
In a cartoon, the message is as much important as the visual part. One could easily betray the other.

And there are more and more excellent cartoons (have you seen the "Triplets of Belleville" by the way? ...I did not like it at all. The drawings, the colours, the story, nenene! :P).

I wanna see them all!
(next one on my list "The Frogs' prophecy")

No comments: