Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Writers!!!! (grmmppphhhhh)

I find it very VERY hard to work, as an illustrator, with a writer.

I would not give advice about the content of a story I illustrate (though I burn to do it sometimes ;-)... But simply try to tell a writer that a 10 lines sentence might be too heavy for kids, that there are spelling mistakes, that there should be some punctuation.... when he refuses to listen anyway!

ha!

So I find myself telling at the end "ok, you sign the text, can't force you to anything"...

SIGH

I've also learnt a lil something with my newbie experience.
I'll do like every other illustrator for children's book: I'll ask 70% of total payment.

There is much more work (for children's book again) for illustrators than writers (trust me, this is trooooe).

(ooops, I can hear ewws writers knocking on my lil door!)
(woooooooooooosh)
(more safe under the bed ;-)

No comments: