Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"Whoever wins... we lose"

Last time they did Jason vs Freddy, now we've Alien vs Predator coming... What's next... Jaws vs Orca?



As a fantastic/sf movies' fan, I wonder how it gonna be. But I do not expect much at all.
I wonder why they chose Predator to face Alien. With his dred locks' kinda head, he is definatly funny (I've never liked him anyway).
They should have made Alien vs the Thing... I dunno...

But the concept, however seducing, of putting scary legends together is stupid.
Alien can't be without Ripley for instance.
Same for Jason and his Cristal Lake, etc etc.

In the same way, I don't like at all these new movies making fun of the old horror movies (which are often fun enough by themselves). They steal all the magic of a good scary movie. It's not fair they do it!

Anyway, what's the scariest *movie creature* for you?
For me it's hmm....so many of them... but it's definately the very classic Jaws. Probably because it's the most realistic one, as Martin's just told me.

My favorite movie of the genre is Alien, the 1st, 2nd, and 4th if I remember.
The worst one I saw was Ghosts of Mars. Never ever again!

It's funny because there are scary movies I'd be unable to watch again now (at my old age ;-). The yucccky thingie (street trash, bad taste and all the nights of the living dead stuff! hehe)...huuuuuuuu!

No comments: