Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Our mason's gone

Yesterday we called to check if we could meet our mason next weekend in Bretagne. We want to build the chimney and need advice.

But, to go straight to the point, our mason's just died.
Schock.

His deperate wife managed to explain that it happened very quickly, but that is was not an accident. A few weeks ago, he had felt some pain in the back.. Nothing suprising with his job. But as it was a kind of constant pain, he finally agreed to go to the doc for a checking.
A cancer -which had spread to its terminal form- was discovered. 3 weeks later, that was it. He was not forty. had 2 lil kids.

That really broke our heart. He was such a nice man. Available, generous, talentuous. We have to sculpt his name somewhere in the house.

I'm happy I do *believe*, *praying* has suddenly helped me here. I really did not expect it. I was not looking for it.

Anyway, such a sudden death make our life so fragile. You don't know what tomorrow will bring.

We've to live every minute to the maximum, and these are not just nice words...
sigh

I feel lucky and alive today. I feel selfish too for inevitably focusing on my own life and threat of death.

No comments: