Tuesday, November 23, 2004

summer 1976

Back in summer 1976, my mama, lil sister Gwenola and I were enjoying some extremly dry summer in Normandie (which is nebber ebber dry usually). Here's one photo of it, a photo that I've already put in my bloggie before.


click here


I have no memories of my sister's first years, a pity though because I've been told I was the most careful and protective sister. Which did not last, I tell you!
We were very close in age (she's 1.5 year younger than I) which may have been one of the reasons of many tensions between us.
That or rather the fact we're really different. Opposites.

Anyway, now I can tell we get on well, accepting our -huge- differences.

And tonight, Gwenola is at hopsital (lol! no, nothing terrible happened!!!)... She's pregnant for more than 9 months now, and the baby does not arrive as expected, with the head downwards... sooooo, tomorrow morning Gwenola will get a Caesarean.
I'm so excited and so stressed!
I'm very happy she's there, with professionals around, etc.

She's already one daughter, Eva... who's tonight at my grand-mama's and who fears she'll never see her mama again. She knows how the baby is going to come and I think she's having nightmares' about her mama having her belly opened (I have the same nightmares though I'm not 6 years old!)

Anyway, 1976 does not seem so far... but, ne, I'm not nostalgic! She and I being now mamas make us the happiest!
What makes me smile with that pic above is the way my mama holds my sister on my knees... a love gesture I feel now so natural when holding Lola, when holding babies.

(happy sigh)
**~~*^* ***~~*^* *

(dancing around, waiting for news from Gweno!)
**~~*^* *~~*^* *

No comments: