Monday, December 27, 2004

Hobbit House on the rocks

Before Martin updates his blog (cough cough), here are the latest news :P

While Martin was recovering from his bad cold, I've managed to work 2 days on the hobbit house (proud smile, showing my 2 1/2 new muscles :P)
2 days only, no more than 5, 6 hours maximum everyday... it's so frustrating to not have more time!

We're still working on the walls of the guestroom... There is such a thick cob covering on the stones that it's awful work to get rid of it. It's not that the cob is hard to work, it just sticks to the stones like hell.





I think we need a full week to finish the walls of this room. A bloody week, when will we find it? I wonder!

While working on the stones, I noticed some stones were really wet, as if they were sponges! (the stones are made of granit). Eeeeck, I thought a river was running under the house or something, but no, we've learnt when you open a house that was closed for weeks, it adjusts to temperature and sometimes the stone can react.
It will be different once we start to warm it up. (well, I hope so!)
Phewww...

So much to learn ... it's exciting!


click here

No comments: