Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Another wish... for my next life!

Pullllease, in my next life I accept to be anything but... a lobster!
They're so cute, and their death is so cruel... I really feel bad when I gotta cook them!
...but not bad enough though for me to resist them ;-)



Very often I lose myself in very stoopid thoughts, like... if everybody came back to life from the beginning of humanity till now, how many *Earth* would be necessary to welcome them?
Or or ... what if in our next life we come back as the animal or vegetable that we've tortured the most during our present life? (think about it a second, dat's SCARY!)

Anyway, to answer Penny and Alix's curiosity... here's why I accepted the chef hat the other day...

shrimps' soufflés
(shrimps cooked in spices then made as a soufflé... you could sell your body for that, trust me!)

Lobters a la diable
(canadian lobsters though... no way we can afford for anything else)

Chocolate cake (fondant au chocolat)

Orange cake

both with custard (creme anglaise... fookin hard to make!)

Et voilà!
Honestly, that was a success (false modesty isn't my friend as you may notice ;-), even though at 0.00 on the 1st of january I was still in the kitchen!
...Once a year, dat's fine to me ;-)

No comments: