Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Hobbits' house in winter

We've spent another real hard-working weekend, and yes we feel a bit exhausted, but happy with the work done.
We're still working in the friends' room, getting rid of the cob on and between the stones.
You would not believe how hard every material is getting with such low temperatures... and how long it takes for cement to get dry!

We've been working mainly on the chimney because it seems it's pretty fragile and some parts need new solid basis (cement).
Having the chimney falling on our heads while we're in bed isn't one of my fantasies (eeeck!). I hope what we do will be enough!

We'll go back in Bretagne sometimes in februrary for a weekend, and we'll also take a week of *holidays* (somehow this word does not fit here! -trust me, Jack! :P-) in March.
We hope that in March, the walls of this room will be done and that we'll manage to build the fireplace in the room below with some of the old stones we have.

What you see on the photos below probably scares you, but I do not see the same... no, I see what we've in mind for the room, I see it finished and it's not bad I tell you!
(I guess you have to be *visionary* to keep being motivated ;-)







No comments: