Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Trembling in my boots just thinking of it

Wanna scuba diving? Yeah? Well that will be without me!

The other day we finally watched Open Water (don't miss the trailer here :P).
Like many people, I love to be confronted with my biggest fears in movies. Why do we like that? I dunno... Maybe to feel lucky we're not there! lol

Anyway, this movie can't be compared with Jaws (which I could watch another hundred times!). It's much much more realistic. The story of a couple of divers who are on holidays. One day, they go with others tourists to observ corail. So far, it's fine. But, oh noooooo, their boat leaves and forget them!
The movie will focus on the terrifying hours spent in the middle of an infested sea...



The scariest part was maybe after the movie. Because you can't help thinking and thinking again about the feelings of the 2 divers during all this time. I'll nebber ebber scuba dive, I swear it! (spitting far)

I guess sharks are my biggest fear, it's not a real scoop. They've always been. I've been swimming in the middle of the sea, but being at 10 meters from the shore has the same effect. I can't help wondering what horrible creature is coming to me.
I saw 2 sharks once (but then I was on the boat...huuuu), it was not far at all from Bretagne, on the British south coast, not far from Penzance.

brrrrrr

So when I read a piece of news like this one:
"CANBERRA, Australia (AP) -- A surfer fought off a two-meter (7-foot) shark with his board at an Australian beach Saturday -- then continued surfing, a life guard said."
... I think some guys and I do not live on the same planet! lol

If you wanna frighten me one day (but I warn you, that will be risky! You know how hysteric people can be, huh? :P), you can always try it with 1)sharks, 2)snakes or birds or toads, 3)rats.
You've no chance with spiders though, phewwww!
(see I'm 5% of a country girl, could be worse!)

No comments: