Monday, May 02, 2005

Reaching the clouds, getting high!

On Saturday we had the visit of Christine (on the right below), Martin's cousin, and one of her friends from Hamburg.
Too bad you can't see me between the 2 of them, you'd see how French (short) I am and how German (tall!) they are :P


click here


We had a great time, having lunch in the quartier Latin and experiencing a unique view from the balloon that has been installed in a parc near our flat.
It was the opportunity to do it, as much as walking through Paris as fascinating tourists. Just because we never do it anymore, it felt wonderful.

Anyway, this balloon was something! Lola wasn't scared at all and we enjoyed a view we won't forget!
It reached about 150m, like the second floor of the eiffel tower, but the sensations and the view were simply much much beDer.


click here



click here



click here


I was really suprised by the extended view. In my mind, Paris was a bit smaller, I did not remember it this way.

Now I would love to experience real trips in balloons, I would love that! Following the winds, exploring a kind of new dimension...
There are a lot of balloons (montgolfier in English?) in Bretagne, but the trips are fookin expensive. Sigh.

I put it nonetheless on my list of what-I-absobloodilutely-have-to-do-before-my-90s ;-)

No comments: