Monday, June 13, 2005

"She smells like angels ought to smell" (Marv talking)




Sin City


As expected, we finally voted for Sin City instead of the RotS! No regret at all. We both enjoyed a looooot the movie. It was a surprise because I had never read anything from Frank Miller before... And we did not know what to expect with Robert Rodriguez; we luuuved El Mariachi, Desperado and From Dusk till Down, but not all the other movies he did.

Anyway, Sin City is not really a mainstream movie, I guess if you don't like it, you RILLY don't like it. It's definatly ultraviolent (gotta watch 10 hours of the "lil house on the prairie" to get a balance now ;-)

But beyond the *ultraviolence*, the characters, who are pretty basic, also hide some deep pains and opposite inner feelings which makes most of them hmm *tragic* I'd say.

No chance to find here a battle between the Guud and the Evil (phewww). You'll only find real baaadies and others who had to turn as baaadies to survive.

The visuals, the atmosphere, the colours, the music, the actors, the rythm, the female caracters, the malish ones too (hehe), Marv... Lot's of details that make me tell I rilly luuuved the movie. Can't wait for next one in 2006!

Psssst... Mel': I thought about you when it came to Elijah Wood... because hmmm I can't say here in Sin City he was really acting perfectly! lol! He simply does not "act" much (though his character is impressive enough ;-).. Which made me laugh ;-)


As for the other movies I've watched lately, I've got 2 pretty good surprises:


Well, you know my tastes, so you're not so surprised! lol. It was definatly not a brilliant movie, but really entertaining! Yuss m'am! (spoiler: ok, I expected a kiss from the Predator to the girl.. I'm a goil, I've pink in the head, can't help it! :P)


Arsène Lupin... I'm not a fan of the main actor at all and I was pretty reluctant when Martin rent the movie, but it was better than I thought :)

Now the 3 last ones:

No surprise with Ocean's Eleven, just an average movie to me

Yawn, that's all I could do watching *Hero*. I usually like this kind of movies, but here, I got bored.

The bad surprise of the whole series. Real crap. It's a SF series based on the Babylon 5 one (which I enjoyde, huh). We have 5 CDs of it! Watched 2 episodes, it was a torture. We're gonna sell them before wasting more time (hoping my potential "buyers" won't read this post! lol)!

No comments: