Monday, July 04, 2005

Dorothée Catafée

One long year after I've started with my *new book project*, I've finished it!
The manuscript is ready to be sent this week to a first wave of editors.

48 pages with illustrations (I will show you more soon, no time right now). Which is a lot!

The story?
In a few words... Dorothée Catafée (easily translated by "Dorothy Catastrofairy") is a young magician learning to be a great one. But she's never really careful with her tricks and spells and often makes mistakes that provokes "catastrophes". This time she makes disappear all the cats around. The mice will take the opportunity to enjoy life to the maximum (eating all what they can) which will make them huge and will be the beginning of a series of terrible problems.

I prefer not telling much for now, but I've worked hard for the book to be funny first (story and illustrations), adapted to young children, and dealing with a topic dear to my heart: the environment and how our apparently insignificant actions can damage it.

I'm proud (well, yes!), my best work regarding manuscripts so far. I just cross my bits tight so that an editor gets interested with it.
And if it does not work here (but sometimes you have to wait 6 months before getting an answer!!!), I will try with German editors in autumn! RoaRRRRRRR!


click here

No comments: