Thursday, July 07, 2005

What's happening in my cauldron?

Ouch! 2 posts about food today and I swear it (spitting!), it's not my fault! ;-)
Rather France and Fennelin's fault, naturally!
France, a *blogfriend* of blogfriends, has just given me the boiling cauldron to answer a questionary. (I translate it in English in my way, as usual, ok?).
About France, I know about nothing, except her food habits ;-), and her sense of humour and sensitivity that come along with her comments on the bloggies I visit. The rest is to be discovered, which is kewl. Time will make its work :)

Anyway, here we go with the questionary:

Do you remember your very first time (S) ? (the first time you cooked! tsss!)
yup! 2 spoons of mud + 100g of daisies + 2 white stones and 3 brown ones. Add a lot of water and mix everything together.
That was my first soup! (bowing)

What has influenced your way of cooking?
Love. I can cook for my other half, for the shrimpette and friends. They're my main motivation to spend time in the kitchen.

Do you have an old pic showing you started really early to express yourself in the culinary world? Wanna share it with us?
Well, all my pocket money was spent for candies. I luved them all, except the flying saucers with powder inside, you know?
So the way I expressed myself in the culinary world was just to satisfy my sugary fantasies.
With on top of my list, the chocolate teddies:


yummmmm!


Do you have some kind of "culinary phobia"? Some recipes, dishes, that would make you run away, screaming?
Using boiling oil to cook anything. It stinks and makes me feel I'm getting fatter without even eating anything. Yuuuuck
Then when it comes to food... Beef tongue, tuna and Eels... I just can't stand fish'taste in general, but tuna and eels... it's just the worst of the worst (and beyond the taste, I get the Die Blechtrommel's images stuck in my mind!)

What kitchen utensil do you use the most often? Which one do you almost never use?
my nose, the only ustensil that will tell me if it gonna be a success, or not.
I never use robots, broke the last one I tried to use!

Tell us what kind of strange food association you really like?
camembert + honey, raw beef without any association at all (hard question at the end, because all what I eat seems normal to me!)

What are the 3 dishes or type of food that you abso bloodilutely need to *live*?
beef (carpaccio or tartare), seafood, (water)melon + cakes in general (flan, millefeuille, St H., éclair au café, tarte aux myrtilles). I'm serious, I rilly need them! :P

Is there another question you'd have liked to answer here?
I'm actually glad nobody asked "how much do you spend with food every week?", that would be scary if we really counted.

Your favorite icecream?
mango

You'll never eat...:
(I'll never eat..."again") rice pudding (well I had it once during my first trip in UK, I thought I'd die!!! I think I did actually, for a few minutes!)

What's your favorite dish, the one you always make purrrfectly:
I don't like to cook, it's a man's job of course ;-)! But, I am VERY good at la crème aux oeufs (eggs'cream?), the one you had with your grand mama when you were a kid, you know?

Now.... whoever, spending more than 5 minutes in the kitchen everyday, is allowed to answer this questionary on his/her blog! Ohh Yeahhhhhh!

No comments: