Wednesday, August 17, 2005

On Candle's screen

Here are the last dvds I've watched. Some real surprises here, not what I expected except for spiderman and a very long engagement...

Gothika
Really I thought it would be crap. And actually... not so much, I even enjoyed it pretty well! But as others said, no more than a M6 movie...
Halle Berry was pretty good in it, the first time I really noticed her as a *good* actress!

Mystic River
I thought this movie would be a jewl... but it was crap! (my opinion of course). Knowing it was a movie by Clint (Eastwood) was enough to make me enjoy it already...
I luuuved Clint's "High plains drifter", "Pale Rider", "Unforgiven" or "Space Cowboys", but this one... eeeeck! The topic is much worst than a M6 movie ;-). What a bad surprise.

Spiderman 2
Well, it's Spiderman, I could not expect anything really but Spiderman! Oh I had to watch it in French, and Gawd, there was a real comic effect with the way characters'names were pronounced: with a terrible American accent //oO\\. Too funny! The best part of the movie!

A la folie, pas du tout
Not my favourite type of movie, but interesting. In the first part of the movie you follow the main character, a young woman falling in love with her neighbour. You see how love makes her happy, etc.
Second part of the movie, you see the same scenes, but not from the lady's perspective. From the neighbour's perspective, and from a more objective point of view. And then only, in this second part, you discover the nightmare dressed as an obsessive woman.

Danny the dog
Hmm, I liked the poster of the movie I think. I had no idea about what to expect. I was disappointed. But I fell asleep before the end, so I can't really tell (Martin insists it was pretty good)

A very long engagement
I expected a good movie and it was. The main story isn't so exciting, but all the characters, the dialogues, the visuals, the colours, all the details are wonderful.
I can't wait for Jeunet's next movie!

No comments: