Tuesday, September 13, 2005

DVDvore

I wish there was some good ol' dvd store near.. instead of these franchise shops which offer a very limited range of dvds to rent.
But these specialized shops have disappeared. What a pity, I luuuved getting the precious advice from the guys there who knew everything about any kind of movies.
Instead we have students who offer you M&Ms if you're a good customer...
(sigh)

Anyway, despite a limited choice, I managed to find a few treasures :-)

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
The movie's style is close to "Being John Malkovich", though I did not enjoy much the Malkovich one. "Eternal Sunshine" is much much beDer to me, so unique! The topic is brilliant, the actors are excellent, and the whole story is a surprise. If you get the opportunity... why not trying it, huh :P

Saint-Ange
A kind of French horror movie. Probably not the best moment for me to watch this movie because there are some scary scenes linked to birth (I just could not sleep after). What is remarkable with this movie is the different ways you can *see* it. Martin and I had to share our views for hours to imagine what was really behind the images. For that only, I found the movie pretty good!

The terminal
Here we are, the kind of movie I rent when there is nothing else available anymore. My mistake. It was not sooo bad, but it was definatly not good or exciting. And I've got the confirmation that Catherine Zeta-Jones is on my "worst actresses' top 10" (along with Demi Moore)

La veuve de St Pierre
Okies, I've had this movie at home for months, a movie highly recommended by my mom. Finaly I thought we could watch it, why not, even if it sounded very classical and romantic. It was over classical, with a boring topic which held no surprise at all (yawn).

Black Adder, season 3
... Not the best one to me (black adder looks too clever to be really funny me thinks). But ok, you get the brilliant Baldrick and all the usual humour touches. It was fun!

Coupling, season 4
Makes me wanna watch a 5th season! If only! We had big laffs again, just thinking of it put a stoopid smile on my tired face! lol! When you compare Coupling to Friends or Sex and the City... I am definatly more receptive to the Roastbeef unusual, weird, shocking anf brilliant sense of humour! I've never enough of it :P

No comments: