Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Images vs words

My tv is often on, for cartoons mainly, for movies whenever we have some time.
But we've no time for the rest (who's talking of the young and the restless here, huh! tssss, don't thank me for the link ;-). We never watch the news or anything.

Getting the main lines via the internet sounds enough to me.

But it's not the first time I've noticed that reading a few words were not enough to me. Something always misses. Like for the very first time since the beginning of the tragedy in New Orleans and all around there, I've seen images yesterday.

Words give you the facts, figures, critics, etc.

And yesterday, images have just brought some kind of unimaginable reality to the words I read 20 times/day...
Maybe because I'm not so used to images. Yup maybe it's the point. Dunno. Images are also more shocking probably.

And I woke up with these terrible images in the head this morning, having the certitude again that Nature will always have the last... word.

No comments: