Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Broken Heart

I think I talked of Julia here a couple of years ago...
Julia is an adorable sheep, a mama sheep actually. She lives in Bretagne, she's not ours, but she lives in front of the family house there.
Every year she gets preggie and usually give birth to one or two lambs.
She keeps her babies a few months, then... the lambs are sent to a butcher so that he can *prepare* them :-(

Well, I eat meat but could never eat Julia's babies of course! It's all different to me when you *know* them.

Anyway, on last Spring, Julia's had a new baby.

And a few days ago, the most horrible thing happened to Julia (I've been told about it, I was not there).
The butcher came to *take care* of the baby, I thought he would have taken the lamb in his van and do his job once back. But nenene, he *took* care* of Julia's baby in front of ... Julia!!!!!!!!!

The poor Julia saw her baby being killed just in front of her!
The neighbours realized that when suddenly they heard horrible screams from a crazy Julia who was desperatly running everywhere.

THAT really broke my heart.
You have to be a human being to do such a thing, I guess. Because human beings are *aware* of what they do, because they have the choice. What a shame!

No comments: