Saturday, October 15, 2005

chickenpox vs newborn baby

VoilĂ , Lola has just caught a nasty chickenpox, which was excatly what she and I needed right now.

It can be very dangerous for a new born baby. And for the pregnant woman, the worst time to catch it during the pregnancy is within the 3 weeks before the birth.
Damn.

I think I've caught it already when I was a kid, but I'm not sure. I've just made a blood test but I'll get the result in 5 days only. Till then, I've had time to catch it too.

Oh fook.
And my poor shrimpette needs me all the time while I do my best to keep some distance.
And I can't sleep at night, hearing her feeling pain. And I'm frustrated that it happens now!

I called the hospital emergency yesterday to tell them about it.
They called me back 20 minutes later, telling they cancelled all the rendez-vous with me next week and that they will not activate the birth.
They now ask me to be very careful and wait for very last minute with the birth.

Because the most dangerous for the baby would be to be in contact with that chickenpox. Via meself during the delivery or via Lola or Martin (who's never caught it when younger).
Lola won't be allowed probably to come to the hospital to meet her lil bro and if she's still infected when we come back home, she will have to go to her grand-parents.

That really kills me... for the possible danger for the baby, for Lola who needs us, and for all I expected from the birth: having my 2 angels around me, in health and with no stress.

Anyway, I just have to wait and see now.
SIGH

No comments: