Thursday, November 17, 2005

DVD-vore

Following Jack's advice, we finally watched the whole father Ted series.
On a lil Irish island, 3 catholic priests live together. 3 catholic priests which are hilarious caricatures of the catholic religion. Very very funny! We luuuved it!

We bought the first season some time ago in UK (hoping to re-sell it at a guuud price here), but we had doubt we'd enjoy it really. So we reluctantly started watching it. Got addicted. I can tell you we had huge laffs in the middle of the night (while feeding Loup) in front of the gang of desperate housewives! The best series we've seen since ages!

"The life aquatic with Steve Zissou", the title was too tempting. An original movie, yes. But I wasn't caught by its magic. Forgot it as soon as I watched it.

It was a good movie, Di Caprio is brilliant (again, no kidding) and Scorcese did a great job, as usual. It's a real show! But... the movie is a bit too purrfect, I wish there had been more emotions maybe, dunno.

After having seen the first images of Colin Farrell as a blondie, I feared the worst.
And I was right!
Oliver Stone made a real bad job this time, he just seemed to forget what was interesting in Alexander's personnality and what was not. Same for the plot. Each time something started to tease the spectator's curiosity, the movie just jumped to another part. Very disappointing!
And the narration was terribly bad, and the backgrounds worst than in the hilarious 1960's peplums, and the actors... Angelina Jolie and her Russian accent, ridiculous, same with Val Kilmer...
As for Colin Farrell, I dunno, but something in him touched me though. I still can't put the finger on *what* really (OMG! fainting! ;-), but I'll let you know when I find :P

When you see Alexander just before, you are almost forced to enjoy Troy! So, I did :P ... in the way I expected the worst of worst movies, but... it was fine! No, really fine!
And a pleasure to find there Peter O' Tool and Sean Bean... without talking of Brad Pitt! Brad in skirt, Brad nekkid, Brad in skirt, Brad nekkid. What a sight! hehe... Martin found that for a Achilles, he lacks muscles... LOL! I insisted muscles were not just *everything* :P

Now, I'm waiting for any suggestion with dvds... What shall we watch next??!

No comments: