Thursday, June 01, 2006

Life just can't be in white and blue! O' course, not!

Alix would have LOVED the evening we've had...lol


Sister says "to Errrr is human, to Laugh is Divine!"

14 lambs, 1 priest, and one "leading couple" to entertain us during the whole evening..

The leading couple... haaaa the leading couple!
Both dressed in white and dark blue (the colour I believe Alix, just like me, used to wear at school! Yuck!). He had a hair cut, Gawd, just as if he was a 14 years-old Scout. But he was maybe 45..
They introduced themselves talking of their 4 children (which is a minimum required ;-) and tried to tell (convince?) us why religion is so wunnnnerful.

Phewww, good I knew *why* religion is so wunnnerful TO ME, because they could have never convinced me!
"God loves us and Jesus died for us, we're blessed!"

Atcha!

Unexpectedly, the priest was less deaf and more open to face the real questions like "do we believe to reassure ourselves?", "how can we really tell that there is a Life after death?" (don't hope to get any answer here! no way to talk of fish when you only like meat, you know? lol)

Slowly, the talk turned to be rather phylosophical (and the *leading couple* was suddenly speechless), and I enjoyed it!

So, it was not such a horrible evening.
Martin had time to sleep a bit (lol) and I could share my views, despite a crowd of very "religious" people.
I still don't get why most of them people say thinghs like "with baptism, I offer my kid to Gawd" (eeeeeck!), or "I believe because Gawd loves me" (???)... For Loup, as it's been for Lola, we simply add to his life a spiritual dimension that will make his everyday life different:

...like... we'll help him understand Christmas isn't just a matter of gifts, that the beauDy of Life can be seen in every lil flower around (even in stinky daisies, lol), that if something goes wrong in your life, maybe that's not only negative, something good can come of it, etc.

alleluja :P

No comments: