Friday, October 06, 2006

Upset and sad

I still love her because I've always known her as the most generous and welcoming and warmest person.
Of course I love her because she is the sweetest one to me.
But behind all this, I feel the bitterness, the fear of being alone also (maybe?), the nostalgy of a perfect world where kids say their prayers in the evening... I feel all that is making of her someone ready to bite today. A tatie danielle you know.

That breaks my heart, but she's turning that way.
I wish I was wrong.
She's supposed to be a reference, a rock, a lighthouse to me. I still see her that way, but...

Is it really that awful to get old?
Why the most wunnnnerful smile suddenly hide sharp teeth?

Age does not make everything.
But I fear years might steal more than physical energy.

sigh.


by Eugène Feyen

No comments: