Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hamburg

its buildings, its houses, beaudiful, huge roofs, many red bricks. Great architecture, modern ones too!
its parks, its HUGE trees everywhere, its large streets.. the perfect compromise between country and city to me..
its quiet cafés, full of students, often inside old cinemas or libraries. Full of charms and yummy stuff..
its different districts, the over posh one, where I could buy any flat and house, the universities one, where red brick buildings hide not so expensive flats. The punk corner, turning to be the most popular (and pretty expensive) part of the city, the red district, with our fav tatoo guys and clubs and bars.
its harbour, living day and night, hiding beaudiful lil sailing boats between 2 huge cargos..
its Elbe, a promise for travels across the seas, an invitation for delightful walks on the sand, along old captains' houses..
its pubs, where you can find amazing (and yummy) specialities, and zillions of different beers (but not so many wines, often only wine from Italy, Australia, America.. erm, no French wines! (-am I being too Frenchie?- nooo!)I could not drink Pino Griccio for 10 days you understand... had to devote meself to beers!)
its shoes shop. Boots, hundreds of boots, oh! And its second-hand shops, hiding treasures! Hamburg has turned to be my ultimate shopping adress!
its "real autumn", with most beautiful colours and perfumes around (and that is very different from Paris!)

And with such a family and friends there, well, I really feel like at home in Hamburg.
But a rainy and pretty dark home (in winter, the night come to steal a lot of light! it should definatly be another time schedule). The night start to fall at about 4!

Now the photos,

when I talk of real autumn.. here's what I meant


click here


As for the huge trees, I'm not lying! And people are definatly like their trees there (huge, just like Martin actually! me mouse one with my 1m58!)





I believe these trees and the running Elbe give much Energy to that beautiful city.

PS: in case the Hamburg Tourism bureau need a motivated, charming and very efficient non German speaking one: you've found her!

No comments: