Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Holly cow! Saint Nicholas joined us yesterday night! true!

Ok, we made everything so that he simply HAD to stop around here...

Lola and I had prepared everything before jumping into bed: carrots for his donkey, clementines for both and a full bottle of "Calvados de Bon-Papa"* in case Saint Nicholas *needed* a lil extra to finish his night :)



Actually I don't know much about this tradition, except that I used to do it as a kid and loved it. I've also read somewhere that it's been celebrated since the 12th century!
I told Lola Saint Nicholas was a friend (a spy?) of Santa who came to check how nice the children had been in the past year. Which suited Lola (she only remembered the "friend of Santa" part, naturally :P).
A kind of *starter*, before the main dish (Christmas) is served ;-)

Sooooo, when Lola and Loup woke up this morning, they felt very proud, they had the golden-chocolate proof they had been nice enough! ;-)
(what, I need such support to teach my babies that doing Good is the most kewl way to do :P)



The carrots were almost eaten, same with the clementines, and the supa strong calavados glass was drunk! :)
(very important details that proved to Lola the old guy and his donkey had really been here!)

* one of the last bottle of calvados made by my grand-father a long long time ago. 60% of alcool (even Martin, a Schnaps drinker, coughs when he drinks it! lol)

No comments: