Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On my way to welcome Santa! Wooooosh!

VoilĂ , our luggage is ready and I think we're among the first to leave for holidays around here:P

We leave tonight for Bretagne, hoping to be there by midnight (4 hours driving) and not too tired to enjoy the the warmth of the huge fireplace and of some old beverage (just a drop to warm up, huh)

Lola's very excited.. when you're 4 years-old, Christmas is like a Nirvana (when you're 32 also, except that you know Santa Claus can't come via the chimney, way too dangerous!)

As for Loup, I fear a bit we won't have a minute for ourselves, the big house will be like a paradise for him (last time we were there, he did not walk... now it's gonna be very active with my lil wolf!)

Of course tomorrow morning, Martin or I will be working at the hobbit house. Working in such a old house when it's 2°C around and when the sun goes down so early... brrrrrr, not motivating!

I think I will start tomorrow, because Martin does not feel so well (yeah yeah, I know it was all planned :P).
My part is to renovate the walls of the future living room, first getting rid of the daub (torchis) with the pit and the hammer. (yawn)
Martin has to finish the parquet of another room, build a step between 2 rooms, add varnish on the stairs and we'll both cut the wood shudders (paint them too if we get the time).

Well, we only leave for a few days, no time to miss me (besides, you get zillions of posts below to answer ), we'll be back just after Christmas.

So I wish you all a merry Christmas, I hope you can make the best of it : enjoy your friends and relatives around, and drink fine champ'! :)

I'll have a special thought for the kids (young and old ones) who have no parents anymore, no one really to celebrate Love with.
Do you believe in "thoughts"? Do you believe feeling the pain for those who suffer can help in some ways?
I wonder. Maybe that's what they call "prayers"?... Maybe that can make a lil difference. Who knows.

Merry Christmas, my friends!

No comments: