Thursday, December 14, 2006

There are jobs I would never want

..and among them, being a farmer might be in the top ten of my most hated jobs.

First because you can hardly take any vacation ;-).. and then..

..Do you know I have a bird (little) phobia, specially with pigeons and chicken? Huuu I really can't stand next to one of them. If a pigeon enters my flat by the window, I leave the flat in the next 10 seconds.
My grand-parents were farmers in Normandie. Had about 50 000 chickens.
(faint)

My uncle (the youngest) now runs the farm.
If you only knew how uncertain are your days when you're a farmer. Specially when your biz is linked to animals.

The weather, illnesses, European requirements, rumours (Bird flu has arrived! run, run!), etc etc. Everything can lead to some disaster.

And the other day, there was a checking, as usual, from vetarinaries.They discovered a microscopic "mark" of salmonellosis on a box where there were some of the 200 000 chicks that had just been delivered.
No salmonellosis has been found on the chicks so far, but no way he can raise them now (sigh)
And if he can't prove the salmonellosis was there before he was delivered, it will be pure loss.

From one day to another you can lose so much! And you're so dependent on so many things you can't control..pfffff

Really, I thank gawd for not being a farmer!



... and what's your most hated job, you think?

No comments: