Thursday, December 14, 2006

When the *Minimoys* have sold their spirit

"Les Minimoys aiment Orange"

I knowwww that making a movie requires a LOT of money, specially when you're named Luc Besson.
I don't know if Luc Besson is famous abroad really... but here his movies have always been much expected. Some hate, some love, some think he now focus more on the money than quality. Well, honestly, I can understand that... you don't work and involve yourself and your own money on huge projects without hoping any benefit!

Just like with my paintings (lol don't you love such a comparison?!!), I like painting, but if they did not sell... I would not spend so much energy on them..

But then, I definatly believe you lose your "entertainer" card when you hear more about your financial contracts than your own movie.
It's been the case with Luc's last movie Arthur and the Invisibles (what a poor translation btw). I was really excited with the project a few years ago..
But the only thing I've got for months was advertisement from the "Invisibles" for the BNP Bank and the Orange phone company.. and I've only discovered yesterday the trailer. Pfffff

The book is said to be pretty good, but I'm already fed up with the movie. Too bad. Maybe I'll miss something!



My fav' movies from Luc were the Big Blue and the Fifth Element... I did not enjoy Joan of Arc and Nikita.

No comments: