Monday, March 26, 2007

Desperate Housewifes, unplugged :P

If any of you can think of a word to replace "house wife", I would be really grateful.
Ok I'm a "wife", I don't have a regular job, but I work hard with my babies and all the rest (painting biz, etc). I'm not a house wife, I'm a woman with priorities, you know? ;-)

Anyway, a group of us, *hyperactive women with priorities* gathered this morning to share some kind of breakfast as soon as the oldest kids started school.

I felt a bit baaaad to start the week in such a lazy way, but I got used to it very quickly! :P

It was not just a breakfast, it was a real break (even though we had the youngest devils around)!
(happy sigh)

And it's funny, we always have this talk about the so negative image of "housewife"... any "working" woman around believes we talks nappies and recipes (yawn).
I think we kinda suffer (but in a very acceptable and easy way) from the so precious efforts from the previous generations: they all fought for us to be active, to have the same access to work as any man.
Something for which I'd fight anyday, of course.
So now, if we make the choice to make financial sacrifices (which is definetely the case when only one gets a regular job), to make of our personnal life the priority, it's seen as a weird choice... as if we spoiled our life in a way or the other.

pffff

Anyway, we, group of weirdos, spent a great time with a royal breakfast! Been thinking hard for a minute about all of you who started working early ;-)

No comments: