Monday, March 19, 2007

Only watch this before lunch, not before breakfast!

I know someone who does not eat meat anymore, but who really enjoy trying new things with food (she has long hairs and loves cats :P)
I've tried something, but with meat.

When I started the recipe I really wondered what would be the taste. We loved it!

For 4 persons, you need:
-4 veal escalopes
-4 ham slices
-4 boiled eggs
-herbs, whatever you want
-cream (creme fraiche)
-chicken stock (bouillon de poule, quoi)
-tomatoes
-fresh pasta
-1 shallot
-salt & papers
-cognac (haha! I see your mouth suddenly watering! ;-)

In two words: you take the veal, ham and eggs to make "veal olives" (paupiettes de veau), you put some olive oil in a stewpan, put in it the olives, make them cook a bit, add the shallot then 1/2 litter of chicken stock, herbs, tomatoes (I forgot the tomatoes! lol). It must cook for 30 minutes. Then add 4 big spoons of fired cognac, let it cook for another 15 minutes. Add some creme fraiche. Prepare your pasta the way you want, with mushrooms would be great, then you serve the olives on the pasta. here's the nest! Nobody expects an egg in it! Not too dry at all and really yummy!

Now the recipe in photos :P


Nids d'oiseau à la Candles
Vidéo envoyée par candyfroggie


Yup, you can call me le chef ;-)

No comments: