Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thank you, Douglas, I've spent a wunnnerful moment with you!

I've just read a book by Douglas Kennedy, ever heard of him? Well me neither ;-), I've just discovered him 2 weeks ago.

The Dead Heart is the book I've read, and really enjoyed.


(I love the cover! Don't ask me why!)

What is it about? Hmm..

One day an American journalist get a map of Oz (waving at Penny!), and decides to cross it.
I'd say "wrong WRONG decision" in his case! LOL
That's about it.
(see, i can make it short, huh :P)

It's so funny and scary at the same time! Very easy to read too, you must try it!
(ermmm cough cough... maybe not you, Penny, hehe ... you will not like the way part of Australia is described there! And I *noooe* it is all wrong ... yet, t'is fun! )

Anyway, as I'm not really good at talking of books, here's the synopsis of it (by Philip Kerr):

'That dumbshit map. I'd been seduced by it. Seduced by its possibilities. That map had brought me here ...That map had been a serious mistake' The map in question is of Australia, stumbled across in a second-hand bookshop by American journalist Nick Hawthorne, en route to another dead-end hack job in Akron, Ohio. Seduced by all that wilderness, all that NOTHING, Nick decides to put his midlife crisis on hold and light out to the ultimate nowheresville - where a chance encounter throws him into a sun-baked orgy of surf, sex and swill, and a nightmare from which there is no escape. 'Douglas Kennedy might never be allowed into Australia again. This is a crazy, compulsive ultimately serious thriller and a bravura fictional debut from one of our best travel writers'

Sooo, why not, hm?!!

No comments: