Saturday, March 08, 2008

What was it again... International women's Day?

Because my condition as a woman here is *normal* (= privileged), I almost paid no attention to the International Woman's day
So what? ...

The thing is that we just consider it as another "special day" among the 350 other "special days".
Today we celebrate Women's day, *tomorrow* we'll celebrate beer (St Patrick's soon, no?), and later it will be the Galette saucisse day. No way I'll forget the beer and crepe one.
(shaking head at meself)

But the facts can't be denied: as a woman I am privileged, I live a comfortable life, I am respected and totally free. I am not tortured, raped, threatened, killed because of what I am.

I think I'm lucky.
Just wish I could share that luck. Just a little bit more.



edit: have I really made a post about Women's day where I talk about sausages?!! Ouch!
...
.....
..........

No comments: