Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Ali Baba's cave

I got them! I've received the first books some of you have recommended me, and it feels fantastic to discover what has touched you inside.
Besides, from what I've read (back covers), the books seem to be great!

My Ali Baba's cave is very international, I've bought 7 books, from American, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Uruguyan authors!
I'm absobloodilutely curious about them all.



my treasures:
Contes d'amour, de folie et de mort, by Horacio Quiroga
a personnal choice, a book of funny/fantastic/terrifying short stories. The author is compared with Maupassant... so exciting!

J'aurais préféré vivre, by Thierry Cohen
hmm, another personnal choice, but with this one I'm not sure at all.

Manuscrit trouvé à Saragosse
heavy book, with very small font (no I'm not afraid!), a book which seems fascinating: the story happens at the beginning of the XVIIIth century, said to be a fantasy tale, phylosophic one, libertine one, etc. Can't believe I did not know it!

City, by Alessandro Baricco
I have some strange and not really positive, but extremely limited, experience with Italian literature. I cannot tell you what it is about... but from the back cover, it's about ermm a city. I'm curious!

La fin des temps, by Haruki Murakami
it's gonna be my first Japanese book (waving @hiro)! The back cover's very exciting! Described as a kind of "Wonderland with no mercy" ! huhu!!!

La Chambre des morts by Frank Thilliez
the author was born in 1973, a year before me. And I can't believe someone so young (pulease no comment on that) can already be a famous author! It's a thriller, not my favourite genre, but as it was highly recommended, I say YES!!!!

Hyperion by Dan Simmons
I got it in French... usually I don't understand just everything when I read SF or Fantasy books, so for once, I should get it from top to toe ;-)
I'm pretty sure I'll love it, only because of the genre (Science-fi), background etc. But who knows... I'll tell you anyway!

now I just need a century to read them all... then I'll refill my Ali Baba's cave! :P

What about you, in the mood to get some Ali Baba's cave or not at all?

No comments: