Friday, September 19, 2008

Gothic Paris by bike

2 words about the concert yesterday ?
No choice anyway ! :P

3 bands were expected.
I went there thinking we'd get a bad Anathema, a mediocre My Dying Bride, and maybe a surprising Paradise Lost.

Anathema was just worse, terrible, why were they part of the "unholy Trinity Tour" ? That sounded almost like a joke.
But we enjoyed the bar for a while, and that was perfect.

My Dying Bride? They were really into their Gothic attitude. Theatrical! Brilliant! With them you get what you expect, and besides the funny part, that was kewl. The singer was tortured, he was perfect. 2 girls among the musicians, Gothically glamorous. I liked that too!
And they played old stuff, loved it!


click here


Paradise Lost? I did not know them so much, hoped I would get into the Shhpirit of it. But ne, the magic did not work with me. I love the Erased song, but they didn't play it :(
I was really surprised that every instrument but the guitars was recorded, no real player ?? Or playing backstage maybe? :P
The nice moment was the recorded (!) intro: Dead Can Dance!
The audience was happy, inspired. So that was a fine moment too! They were really friendly (about the opposite of My Dying B), seemed to enjoy their time.


click here


But ... the cherry of the cake came after the concert...

When for the very first time I crossed Paris-by-night with a bike! ...and guess who had much fun? hehe ---->


click here


And it was ohhhh beauDiful!

PS: it went purrfectly with the kids and our supa baby-sitter!
When we arrived, the kids were snoring and everything was so clean, he even washed the dishes! Amen

No comments: